What is your coworkers´ average?
It has been said that a person is the average of the five people he/she spends most time with.
You probably spend about 50% of your waking hours at work so your coworkers have a big effect on your average.
If they are fun, likeable, caring, efficient, ambitious and successful people you are probably like that as well, or getting there.
If they are grumpy, complaining, selfish, lazy and boring people, you are most likely either that as well or on your way of becoming like that!
Are you a good coworker?
But just as your coworkers affect your average it might be a good idea to think about what you are doing for their average – are your making it higher or lower?
I have had coworkers that made me glad every day when they showed up and some others that made me glad when they didn´t show up for work!
Are you like your ideal coworker?
How to be a good coworker
A lot has been written on how to be a good coworker, here are few of my thoughts on that:
- Be the coworker that make everybody happy when you show up
- Be willing to assist your coworkers when needed
- Find solutions when needed, instead of complaining and finger-pointing
- Don´t hesitate to praise and give compliments
- Be honest and consistent, say what you mean and mean what you say – in a considerate kind of way.
- Give constructive feedback
- Show that you care for your coworkers, show interest in them as persons
- Support them and be there for them
- Be a good listener and make effort to understand your coworkers´ point of view and opinions
- Show up at work, fully and energized, make every day a good day
- Prioritize your assignments and time, don´t waste your, and your coworkers time by being disorganized
- Celebrate with your coworkers, as often as you can, every small victory or milestone you make
You probably spend about 50% of your waking hours at work and if we also count preparing for work, thinking about work and resting after work it is about 70-80% of your waking hours – how do you want that time to be?
Your satisfaction at work affects your quality of life so please take time to think about this.
Please feel free to share this blog on your social media by using the sharing buttons below.
Please share your own tips and tricks regarding success and wellbeing, that might help me or others, in the comments section below.