I hope that you have already set your goals or vision or chosen your word of the year and even better if you have made yourself a vision board for the year. I sure hope that you have given yourself space and let your mind wander around and that you wrote down everything that you want and everything that you would like to be.
Now you have to do something about it and put it into some kind of action because I have to sadden you by telling you that it’s not enough to only think about it, like many seem to think. Each and every one has to do their thing to make it real, like I talked about in my last blog.
What I want to talk about with you today is who your ally is – or who are on your team.
To begin with I hope that you are your greatest ally or support, that your awareness about how your own thoughts and attitude affect your own wellbeing and success has become strong – I am at least going to assume that you are your number one ally.
But who else are your allies?
Who, in your surroundings; family, friends, workplace, and other groups that you belong to, encourage you to move on and support you on your way to become bigger and stronger? – Bigger and stronger to deal with life and to make your dreams come true and your vision to become a reality.
Find out who those people are and try to increase the time that you spend with this people – on the expense of the people that you believe are not your allies.
If you have any doubt on how you can analyze who those people are here are some characteristics:
- Inspire you to move on to make your dream come true and your vision to become real
- Help you to find ways to avoid possible obstacles
- Help you to see your options and opportunities
- Push you if you are not working on your plan, or if you are not moving in the direction of your dreams and vision, if you fall asleep on your guard or if you are lost, and remind you of your dreams
- Remind you on the commitment that you had done towards yourself regarding your dreams and vision
- Are happy for you when you are doing well.
- Talk down your dreams and vision and talk you into that this will never become true
- Tell you take notice of the obstacles and tell you that they are clues about that you should just accept things how they are
- Don’t tell you about options and opportunities that they see and could be useful to you
- Don’t care about your plan
- Even make fun of the commitment that you have made
- Envy you when you are doing well instead of being happy for you.
I want to encourage you to surround yourself with positive and constructive people, good allies, and to reduce, as much as you can, your communications with people who are not your allies.
I would also like to ask you to see if you are a good ally to others.