For some reason too many people think that for more Success you have to be very serious person.
In fact I think that many people in “serious” jobs take themselves too seriously!
I think that with more (healthy) fun you will have more Success. I´m talking about a 360° Success. Where success in one area of your life should not be at the cost of success in other areas of your life.
Let me give you some examples.
More fun at work, for more Success
Few good reasons to take yourself less seriously at work and have more fun:
- Increased creativity. Stop working so hard. Take time to look up. Take time to do something else than working on your regular assignments. This will boost your creativity and make your work more fun. Which will help you become even better at it.
- Increased productivity. Stop thinking for a while and renew your brain endurance. Working too hard without any breaks will drain your energy. It will also decrease the quality and efficiency of your work.
- Increased support. Be the person that makes everybody happy when you show up for work (rather than when you have a day off!) This will help you with having access to support and help when you need it.
- Increased number of opportunities. Being more fun makes you a person everybody wants to work with. Which can lead to all kinds of great opportunities and good network.
- Increased job and customer satisfaction. You will be happier at work with more fun and your customer will feel that. They will want to have more of your products or services. Which will lead to a greater success for you and your work.
- Decreased stress. Laughing with your colleagues, customers, suppliers and others is a great stress reliever. It is also strengthening for relationships and will thus give you more success.
- Decreased silos. People will find it easier to approach you. Which will give you opportunities to work with more and new people. Outside of your department and regular network.
More fun in life, for more Success
I hope you work to live, not live to work.
You can be successful at work. You can also, at the same time, have a very fun and meaningful life and relationships. Here are some ideas for you and the benefits of having more fun in life.
- Increased creativity. By loosening up in life, playing and having more fun you will become more creative. You will find it easier to find solutions to everyday challenges. It will be easier for you to adapt to all kinds of changes.
- Increased productivity. Train your brain by doing fun things. Like solving Sudokus, doing crosswords, complete a puzzle or write poems. When giving your brain fun things to do you will improve your brain´s function. Which again will help you with the challenges you have every day.
- Increased support. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Whether it is your spouse, friends or people from your community. Be a person those people want to hang around with. This way you strengthen your relationships. Which will give you access to greater support and help when you need it.
- Increased number of opportunities. Show interest in others. Support others the best way you can. Stay in touch with people you went to school with, former colleagues and neighbors. This may lead to all kinds of opportunities. At least opportunities for you to have fun with all those people. To learn from others. To share your knowledge and experience. And to have fun.
- Increased quality of life. You will not get alive from your life so you´d better enjoy it. Work on your energy management. Your physical, mental, social and spiritual health. Do exercising that you love and have fun doing, preferably with a fun person. Consciously take time to have fun. To enjoy your life and everything it has to offer. Practice good self-leadership and live a successful private life.
- Decreased stress: You may have a lot on your plate and many things to juggle. Deal with that without worrying too much. Never forget to take time to have fun. Create great memories. Priceless!
- Decreased silos. By being a fun person, person who has fun and enjoys life, makes you more approachable. For your family, friends, neighbors and all kinds of people. Have fun with everybody.
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is available on Amazon.
It includes various tips, tools and exercises.