You may “have it all” but is your heart singing?
I am a big fan of the concept of Energy Management. You cannot control your time or many other matters in your life. But you can practice good Energy Management.
And in Energy Management you have to keep listen to your heart, and hear if it is singing or not.
You may have a good job. You may have a fancy house and well set finances. You may have a great health, loving family and fun friends.
Yet you may find yourself, from time to time, with a heart that is not singing.
And during those times there is very little energy and not much going on.
But when you keep your heart singing almost anything is possible. Your energy goes up. Your mojo and your self-confidence strengthens. You can do (almost) anything you set your mind to, whether at work or at home.
So a singing heart means serious business.
It means more energy which can lead to all kinds of Successes.
If you want to maintain or increase your Success in your everyday challenges. If you want to do better, both in your private and professional life. Then do what you have to do, to make sure you keep your heart singing.
Few tips on how to make your heart sing more
Whether your heart has stopped singing, or if you want it to sing more, there are several things you can do.
First, make sure to know what makes your heart sing. If you are not sure on this then please take time to find out.
When you keep what matters the most to you in good balance, your heart will sing the highest.
- When you are consciously controlling your career.
- When you are actively participating in your community.
- When you are treating your environment in a way that it serves you the best.
- When you are treating your finances well.
- When you are taking full responsibility for your health.
- When you are committing yourself to building and maintaining giving relationships with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and yourself
This is an ongoing project, living your life, at work and home, in a way that makes your heart sing. So you should be constantly working on this. Not only when you are feeling low in energy. Do something every day to keep those things in balance.
Since you, as we all, may have some days when all of a sudden you find yourself low in mojo. And you feel you are not your best at work or home do some quick and simple things to boost your energy.
For me this can be several things like
- taking a long walk, by myself or with a good friend
- go out on my bike for a long ride,
- find a park with swings where I can go swinging like I did as a child,
- watch a comedy and laugh out loud like crazy or tears start running
- play scrabble online
- meet with friends for a good cup of coffee
- or listening to my favorite music, or better yet dance a little.
What do you do to boost your mojo?
Please share some ideas in the comments section below.
weeks left of this year,
now get My Weekly WakeUp to make sure you make the best use of those weeks.
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is now available to you on Amazon.
It includes various tips, tools and exercises.