Before you make a plan…
Before you sit down to make a plan, preferably handwritten down, you must be sure about what you want.
Is there any area in your life that you are working on maintaining your Success?
Is there any area of your life where you are struggling and wishing for more Success?
What desired outcome are you going for?
Now make a plan – and follow it
When you have come to a conclusion on what you want then you have to really go for it.
– Otherwise you will not be too happy with yourself. And you need to be happy and content to be Successful.
This is a part of your Self-Leadership.
Maybe you are not sure on what areas of your life you want to focus on. Then I suggest you look at the framework for 360° Success. Let that framework help you and be the foundation for your plan.
Now that you have decided on what you want to plan for, you start to make a plan. When you make a plan you should have it fit your own definition of Success.
There are several things to look into when you make a plan;
What are the options and opportunities you have or can create for yourself?
How to work your way around possible obstacles?
How to pump up your persistence, to turn all your decisions into actions?
If you stick with your plan you guarantee, or at least double your chance of Success.
There are again several things you can do, to have the persistence to stick with your plan.
Those things are:
- Cut down on time you put into watching TV and web-surfing
- Cease to do things you know are not doing anything for you
- Circle yourself with likeminded people, people that also have a plan and know where they are going in work and life
- Crave constantly for new knowledge; read, attend webinars, seminars, conferences etc.
- Control and choose your thoughts and mood
- Crunch your plan down to 1-2 main goals
- Choose to take some steps every day, to fulfill your plan
- Celebrate every victory you have and that way create energy to keep going
Seems we have a list of 8 Magic Cs!
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is now available on Amazon.
It includes various tips, tools and exercises.