This week I want to dedicate my thoughts to Zig Ziglar who passed away last week, 86 years of age.
Zig Ziglar was a famous motivational speaker and an author of many well-known books.
His message was a lot about that success comes from your own attitude and motivation, not smarts and brown nosing!
I have chosen few of Zig Ziglar´s quotes and divided them into three parts or chapters which I´m going to give you my thoughts upon:
The start of your journey
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
- “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street” – “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
- “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.”
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
To me these quotes say that if you know in your heart what you want for yourself you can get it and that it is never too late but you will never get it if you don´t start going for it.
It might not come easily and it might not come fast or without some failures or bumps on the road but bumps are just to try your determination and giving you opportunity to find new ways and looking at things from different angles.
The same goes for knowing what you don´t want in your life. You have to start working on changing or eliminating those things, they might not change or disappear on their own.
The journey to success
- “It’s not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life; it is how you handle what happens to you.”
- “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”
- “You are what you are and you are where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You change what you are and you change where you are by changing what goes into your mind.”
To me these quotes say that the journey might not always be easy but how you handle what comes up and how you think about the things that come up and yourself will be the greatest determination factor to what you will get out of your journey and how great of a success you will have.
You have to work on your success, you have to make good use of your time, you have to be strategic, you might need to make some tough decisions but if you know where you want to go and remind yourself daily of the fact that you can get there, you sure will!
You and Your success
- “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “Motivation gets you going and habit gets you there.”
- “People do not wander around and then find themselves at the top of Mount Everest.”
To me these quotes say that just as well as you have to be aware of your thoughts you also have to think about your habits and actions, or lack thereof. If you are not already getting what you want you have to look at your habits and see what you are doing in your life because if you want something different from what you are already getting you need to make some changes.
You will not find yourself at the top of Mount Everest unless you first have made the decision to get there, trained yourself in a way to be able to go on and succeed on that journey.
Having an ally, such as a good friend or a coach, someone who believes in you, motivates you and supports you can be very helpful on your journey and might even be a factor in if you succeed or not.
I want to encourage you to make a vision board for yourself and what you want to get out of the year of 2013 and your life.
Start putting your mind and your thoughts to where you want to go and you will get there!
You might want to look at a blog I wrote before called “How To Have More Success Only By Changing The Way You Talk To Yourself”