The amazing process of removing a stone from your shoe!
I´m pretty sure that if you get a stone in your shoe, you stop as soon as you can and remove it.
It is probably something like this for you:
- You get the feeling that there is something in your shoe, at least there is something bothering you, something is not like you want it to be
- You decide to stop for a while, sit down, find a solid ground under your feet or grab for support. Then you take a better look at what is going on in your shoe and what it is that is really bothering you
- You take off your shoe, look into it, remove the stone, big or small, take a quick look at it and then you throw it away
- Then you might take some time to rub your foot, if you feel the need for it or simply just want to, before you put the shoe on again
- Then you are ready to start walking again, determined to reach the place you were going for
Could this apply to other aspects of your life, either in your private or professional life?
Do you stop when something is bothering you?
Do you try to find out what it is, do your best to remove it, change it or work your way around it?
How long do you let things (people, situations etc.) bother you or hurt you before you do something about it?
Applying this to your work
Let´s take your work as an example and say that there is something bothering you at work. It could have something to do with yourself, a co-worker, an assignment or something else.
Could you maybe act on that in a similar way, as if you got a stone in your shoe?
Could you start a process something like this?
- You start feeling that there is something bothering you at work and that something is not like you want it to be
- You decide to stop, take your time and space to look at, or think about things, maybe with a support from a friend, a co-worker or a coach
- You detach yourself from the matter at hand, try to look at it from the outside and from various angles. You look at all possible options, if you can in some way make any changes regarding this matter or maybe just your own opinion or attitude towards it. Do what has to be done and then don´t let this bother you anymore
- Give you some time to recover, if you feel the need for that, before you start doing your job again
- Keep doing your job with the aim of reaching all the work-related goals you have set for yourself
Please, promise me, and you, not to continue walking around with a stone in your shoe, whatever form of stone that is and in whatever aspect of your life.
Stop, remove the stone and do everything within your power to enjoy your walk to your desired destination.
That way you will flourish and succeed in all your challenges.
I have several products and programs that can be a support for you, when you decide to start work strategically on your success, whether in your private or professional life and however you define success for yourself.
Please click here for more info on the products and programs.
If you feel this blog could benefit people around you then please feel free to share it on your social media by using the sharing buttons here below.
If you have any tips or tricks regarding success and wellbeing that might help me or others – please feel free to share them here below, in the comments section.