Different aspects of environment
To start with I want to define for you what I´m talking about when I talk about your environment.
When I talk about your environment it can be the following items, all or part of the list:
- Your home
- Your workspace
- Your neighborhood
- Your car
- Your own appearance
Your environment plays a great part in your 360° Success, in work and life, so you should hold your environment to as high standards as you hopefully do for yourself.
Why does this matter?
The way you choose to have your environment says a lot about who you are, how others see you and affects the success you will have.
You will feel so much better, more energetic, more creative, and more mindful or at peace – in a clean and clutter free environment that is set up to serve your needs.
Please go through the following list and get some ideas on how you can boost your creativity, productivity, wellbeing, self-confidence and Success!
- You only have 7 seconds to make a first impression. In that time frame people have come up with their own conclusion of who they think you are. Do what you can to help others come up with their own image of you, based on how you want others to see you.
There is no second chance for first impression!
- Make sure to take good care of yourself and keep yourself fit in every way. Take good care of your hair and nails. Take good care of your clothes and wear clothes that fit you. You may even want to notch up your appearance a bit, if you are working on your own image, your personal brand or whom you want people to see when they look at you.
- Of course you home should be clean and clutter free. But I also recommend you surround yourself with what makes you feel good about yourself and your environment; art, fresh cut flowers, beautiful things, comfortable furniture – but not too much of any of it. Get rid of things you do not need, are not serving and are not good for anything but clutter your home and your mind.
- Do what you can to create the feeling or atmosphere you want to breath in your home and your friends and family to experience when you have them over.
- Choose to live in a city or neighborhood that serves you and your needs, luckily you are not rooted like an old oak.
- If you have a car and use it for commute you might be spending quite some time in it every day. That environment or space can also affect how you feel about yourself or how you are viewed by others. Keep your car clean, get rid of any trash that might be on the floors, make sure to take it in for a regular check-up or maintenance. It does not look good stepping out of a dirty, messy or broken car, even though you may be keeping yourself fit and wearing nice clothes – that just does not look good and is not a good balance.
- Surround yourself with inspiring, supportive people and an environment that helps you with your productivity and creativity. Make sure your environment is clean, tidy, organized, only with things that help you get things done and make you feel good when working, whether you are working for somebody else or in your own business.