What are your strengths?
If you have had a job interview in the last few years I guess you have been asked to talk about your strengths and weaknesses.
How did you feel talking about your strengths?
I have been working in HR for about 17 years and during that time I have asked job applicants to tell me about their strengths. I can well see a flaw in this kind of question. People can very well prepare some standard answer to it, an answer they think I want to hear. But I´m not looking for a “right” answer. The way the individual goes about answering this question tells me even more.
Knowing your strengths and being comfortable and confident in talking about them is important.
Stand tall and don´t be shy about your strengths and capabilities. This is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more confident you are about your strengths, the more confident you become.
That then leads to a stronger self-image and well-being.
According to various researches, people with good self-confidence do better in work and life.
What is your edge?
To sharpening your strengths and enhancing your edge you might want to start with taking this character strengths test that VIA Institute offers for free, you can get it by clicking here.
Whether you take this test or not, below are questions that can help you with developing and strengthening yourself. Questions that will help you with enhancing your edge.
- How well are you using what you feel are your strengths?
- Can you do more of things that will show your strengths better?
- What new things have you learned in the past 6-12 months?
- What new challenges have you taken on in the past 6-12 months?
- Have you made a plan for your development in the coming 6-12 months?
- Do you have people around you that you can learn from, people that stretch you and help you grow?
- What can you learn from those around you, on how you want, and don´t want to do things?
- What do you want to be known for, in work and life? How much are you doing to actually be known for this?
- What habits do you need to change, or adopt, to get to where you want to go? About your career, your community, your environment, your finances, your health and your relationships.
- For your desired outcome; what one thing can you – today – start doing, stop doing or change how you do?
to get some of my tools that can help You with Enhancing Your Edge.
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is now available to you on Amazon. It includes various tips, tools, and exercises.