Today my thought is under great influence of the book “The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level” by Gay Hendricks.
In the book the author talks about the hidden fear or barriers people often have and how they prevent people to be more successful or to succeed in whatever they put their minds to.
The author talks about how we have to conquer this hidden fears to be able to show and enjoy the success we are able to have. He talks about 4 different types of fears or obstacles people have and he says that most people have more than one of these obstacles or barriers and some have all 4 of them.
This fears and obstacles are as following:
- “There is something wrong with me”
- If you believe that then you subconsciously start to damage things for yourself when you are doing well because such impossible people like yourself cannot or should not do well!
- “If I let myself succeed I am unfaithful to the people around me and leave the people from my past behind”.
- If you believe that then you unconsciously start to hold back and start to damage things for yourself, because you believe you will be unfaithful to your roots by growing and stretching towards more success, and even to become more successful than the people around you.
- “I’m a more burden to the world”
- If you believe that then you never allow yourself do anything that will make you more successful because of your fear to be more burden to others. You even believe that everything you’ll do will fail and because of that you can never be anything else but a burden to others. You think it’s “so typical” for you when things go wrong for you.
- “I must dim the bright lights of my brilliance so I will not outshine someone in my past”
- If you feel like that then you tend to hold back instead of letting your brilliance shine. You seem to believe that you can’t or are not able to be the light that shines the brightest or be the person that is the most successful one, in whatever way you and your people define success.
I want to inspire you to take a look at what you recognize here above in yourself, maybe part of these things or all of them.
Also to take a good look at why you believe these things about yourself and what purpose it serves for you.
It is unlikely that this way of thinking will help you with your dreams and your vision and because of that I want to ask you to do everything in your power, even get some help to do it, to get rid of these thoughts.
If the people around you can’t handle you to be successful in your life you have to ask yourself if you want those people in your life!
It is also possible, please think about that, that if you have the strength to free yourself from these thoughts and go down that path you see in your vision, you could be a great inspiration to others.
People around you that are stuck watching TV, frustrated that they don’t succeed in what they dream about; maybe they only need a person like you to look up to as a role-model in the real power we have, and what we are all capable of doing in our own lifes.
I have blogged before on a similar topic with the title: “How to have more success – Only by changing the way you talk to yourself”
Please take a look at that and more blogs here on my page.