I assume you have a coach!
I know you want more Success, in all aspects of your life. And I hope that you are following your own definition of Success. No matter how Successful you are already, there is always room for improvement. Wanting more is also more than OK.
The greatest investment you can make is investing in yourself. Invest in your growth and development. Do something every day to grow as a person and as a professional.
Having a coach is priceless in this context, so I assume you already have one, at least.
Help others grow.
You may not be a licensed coach but you can still help others grow in their challenges. You can support others. You can hold others accountable for achieving everything they are capable of. You can be their mentor or a coach.
You can coach employees, your children, your friends, your sibling etc.
Here I will talk about how you can coach employees for more Success, in work and also in life. Encourage your employees to have a life, outside of work. Employees with fulfilling lives tend to be better employees. Usually they are more resourceful, more creative, more resilient, with better communication skills etc.
I have said before, and I say it again. The best thing about being in a management position is to support others. To coach employees. And to help them grow in their challenges. Think about how you can uplift your employees to become stronger individuals and professionals. Get to know them. Connect with them. Think more about being trustworthy in their eyes, than how to gain their trust.
Here are 5 steps you can go through, when you coach employees,or others to have more Success.
- Ask them what they want. Ask them what they really want. Ask them what would make them happy (or happier) and proud. Ask them what they want at work. Ask them what they want in life.
- Ask them why they want that. Help them look within to find their answers. Challenge them to be brave enough to really connect with the reasons they mention. Why do they want what they want? In all aspects of their lives.
- Help them find out all the options and opportunities they have, to work on what it is that they want. Don´t drown them with your ideas because those ideas might not work for others. Help them to find their own. They will be much more willing to try ideas they thought of themselves. Also if they create some new opportunities for themselves.
- Help them to find ways around possible obstacles they may be dealing with, when working on this thing that they want. Their obstacles may be internal (lack of confidence, limiting beliefs etc.) or external. Support them and guide them, but don´t drown them with your ideas. Remember, your ideas may not work for them.
- Challenge them to make decisions for themselves. Decisions on how they are going to excel in their challenges. Decisions that have to do with the Success they want for themselves, in work and life. And even better if you support them, and hold them accountable for turning those decisions into actions.
My book; Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership is now available to you on Amazon.
It includes various tips, tools and exercises.
Please click here to get your copy.