I have sometimes said that if you can only change one thing in your life, then you should change your way of thinking. That one thing will give you the greatest return.
Now I encourage you not only to change your thoughts, but to think bigger!
“If you really think small,
your World will be small.
If You Think Big, Your World Will Be Big.”
And by bigger I mean in an elevated way. Be everything you know you can.
You can think about this in relation to your career, your community, your environment, your finances, your health and your relationships.
Elevate yourself, as a person and a professional, and make your world bigger.
I encourage you to think in an elevated way and work on the following 5 ideas:
You and Your Daily Habits:
- Elevate your self-confidence by thinking as highly of yourself as you want others to think of you.
- Make decisions from where you want to be, make elevated decisions
- Have the attitude of a successful person, a person that knows where she/he is going in all aspects of life
- Think about your appearance, there is only one chance for first impression. Elevate your appearances (just as much applicable to men and women) to match what you are going for. Take good care of your clothes, shoes, hair, nails and teeth
- Choose daily habits that support you and your Success, both in your private and professional life. These habits may have to do with your exercising, reading, studying or learning some new things.
- Don´t accept anything but the best you can do at work, always give it your best and show what you are capable of.
- Elevate yourself above gossip. Don´t waste your time and energy complaining about things unless you are at the same time trying to find a solution.
- Make sure to do something fun, every day if possible. This can be something like listening to your favorite music (sing along and dance if you want), read good literature, and go to exhibitions or whatever you find fun and elevating for your mind and spirit
- If you are going places, in your career especially, you need to be in good health. If you are already holding a management-position or if you are aiming for one, this is especially important.
- Work on your physical health in some ways you enjoy. This is about exercising and nourishing yourself in a good and elevated way.
- Work on your mental and spiritual health by showing gratitude. Also by giving to others, volunteer, meditate, work on your serenity and find your higher power, no matter how you define it.
- Work on your emotional and social health by strengthening the relationships with people you already know. Also work on meeting new people, going places and attending events you are not used to.
- Invest in yourself so you can keep on growing as a person and as a professional.
- Take time to read books, attend webinars, seminars, and take online courses.
- Have an accountability partner or get a coach. Between sessions you should also hold yourself accountable for your vision and decisions, you can use various tools to help you with that, like the 2x 10 Minutes Magic Tool, your Weekly Wakeup and your Monthly Milestones
- Be a part of one or more associations that have to do with your profession and your personal interests or skills
- Form or join a mastermind-group and/or book-club
- Be aware of how your emotional health, your energy, your courage, is affected by the people you spend your time with, both in work and life
- Start consciously choosing what people you want to spend more time with and what people you may want to spend less time with
- Surround yourself with people that support you and make you stronger. Also people that focus on solutions and creating opportunities.
- Decide on what division you want to play in – think like a winner and attract winners
- Make sure that your environment gives a good impression of who you are and who you want to be.
- I´m not saying you should go and buy some fancy or shiny, gold-rimmed things but the way you take care of your environment says a lot about you.
- Is your home clean, free of clutter and welcoming to those who visit?
- Do you have everything you need, to continuously work on your Success and to support your Success in all possible ways?
- Is your car clean and well maintained?
Please practice good Self-Leadership, lead yourself to what you want for yourself.
If you need more inspiration or support to enhance your 360° Success, in work and life, please click here for more tips, tools and support.
Reading my book, called Rekindling your spark: Strategy for better Self-Leadership might help you with finding out what decisions you have to make to rekindle your spark.