Should you manage your time or your energy?
Time passes and doesn´t come back. No matter how well you manage it, you always have 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week.
Your energy is however renewable and without limits – you can be your own sustainable power-plant.
But you have to be aware of possible energy-thieves in your life and work.
They may be in the form of things, situations or people.
The reason for why you may be lacking energy
You may be leaking your energy like an old nuclear plant – and therewith you are lacking energy to do the things you want to do.
The best way to stop that leakage is to find the areas and matters in your life where your energy is being drained. What is it that you keep planning to do but you keep postponing or forgetting? What or who are your energy-thieves?
Below is a check-list of things that, if you answer NO to the questions, may be draining or stealing your energy:
- Are you taking time, on a regular basis to meet friends and family – or those who nourish your spirit? Are you cutting down on time you have to spend with people who drain your energy?
- Are you taking time, regularly, to meditate and listen to your inner voice?
- Are you investing in yourself – reading books, having a coach, attending seminars, webinars or conferences?
Your health and wellbeing
- Are you on schedule your appointments with your dentist, your doctor, your masseuse…
- Is it less than a week since you laughed long and hard?
- Are you happy with how you nourish yourself (your diet, vitamins etc.) and are you exercising (gym, hiking, biking….) as often as you know is good for you?
- Are you on schedule with your appointments for mani- and pedicure, with your hairdresser etc.
- Are your clothes well taken care of (clean, no loose or missing buttons etc.)?
- Are you happy with your physical condition?
- Do you feel your home is well organized and free of clutter?
- Is everything in your home working properly (no broken light bulbs, loose hinges etc.)?
- Do you sort your garbage, recycle and give the things you don´t need to charities?
- Is everything in your car working properly (enough fluid in the the windshield washer tank, oil changed regularly, proper and good tires etc.)?
- Is your car clean and free of garbage?
- Do you take your car to regular check-ups?
- Is your office tidy and organized in the best way for you?
- Are you on time and up to date with all of your assignments, filing, answering messages and e-mails?
- Do you take time on a regular basis to sit back, make sure you are on top of things, align your work strategically and work on your long term plans?
- Are you up to date with all your payments?
- Are you putting some amount into savings every month?
- Are your insurances sufficient?
If you had more than 10 NOs then please do as NIKE says, Just Do It.
By fixing those things and get them in a shape that best suits you, your energy will be boosted with the feeling of achievement and clarity, and you will be energized to do whatever you want.
Remember – we don´t want any more grumpy old people in this world!
Do the things you want to do and don´t end up as a bitter and regretful person.
Please feel free to share this blog on your social media by using the sharing buttons below.
Please share your own tips and tricks regarding success and wellbeing, that might help me or others, in the comments section below.